Some of you may be asking yourselves, “What the heck is ASMR??” Well I’m sure a lot of you know what it is, but just didn’t know it.
ASMR stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. It’s just a fancy way of explaining that tingly, pleasant feeling you get in your head when watching, or more often, listening to certain things. Some of the common ASMR triggers consist of soft clicks, scraping sounds and of course relaxing voices. Sometimes just watching someone perform a meticulous task could be a trigger. I would guess that the triggers are endless, seeing as everyone has different tastes, so I’ll just focus on the common triggers.
That being said, I’ve gone through the site and compiled my top-10 best ASMR inducing videos. Of course these are my picks, and may not do it for you. If you have some ASMR gems, please share them in the comments section. Enjoy!
- The best of the best on the site! This soft-spoken virtual trip to the eye doctor will turn you to jelly
- Any of Bob Ross’. It was the effect his voice had on me that actually inspired the creation of Soothetube!
- Lita massage video. She’s the Queen Bee of relaxing voices. And hearing her voice while watching her give a really good massage ranks her high on this list.
- Ahhh so pretty and such a soothing whispering voice. She’s LiliumCandidum27!
- I really enjoy a relaxing voice and the sound of pen on paper. This has both.
- You may recognize her voice from the #1 video. Yes, GlisteningWhispers is awesome.
- Lita has some competition when it comes to relaxing massage videos.
- Watching an expert iron a shirt. It’s as simple as that, and it’s amazing.
- A guided meditation video. Love the way he speaks.
- The deepest, smoothest voice you’ll ever hear.